Thursday, February 18, 2010

jewellery storage


A while ago I found this old broken cupboard door and have been using it to pin up photos and things. But now it's much more useful. I just put some nails in it to hang up my necklaces. (I culled about half my collection first.)

I've been searching for a storage solution for my necklaces for a little while now. They've been jammed in a drawer in individual plastic zippies for a few years, but I usually forgot about them there, so I never tended to wear much jewellery as a consequence. I'm sure I'll be wearing necklaces much more often now that they're on display. And they're much easier to choose between.

I was planning to make a jewellery tree, but I much prefer this, plus I didn't need any new materials. Yay for being creative with stuff you already own.


Speaking of jewellery, I'm a little in love with an Etsy shop called Moth House. Particularly these three pieces.




And especially particularly the bracelet. My birthday's coming up in a couple months...

8 comments:

flying carpet said...

This is a great idea!

Guess I could improvise with a piece of lattice?

boatx2 said...

If you're really into Moth House, you might love jewelry from dores

they have very similar, simplistic styles, those two.

Hayley Sarah said...

flying carpet - That could be cool! Would love to see if you try it out!

boatx2 - Yes! I've been eyeing off dores since Jenny from Wiksten posted about her, but it seems that now all her stuff is sold out.

So I was really pleased when I found Moth House because I think the pieces I posted are a little more unique and more 'me'.

(I still want a dores friendship bracelet or five.)

Candi said...

I love the re-using idea. I often do that. Have something for ages and then find a use for it later.
Sometimes hoarding is beneficial!
:) nice work :)

SoHo Accessories said...

What a great idea! I'm always looking for a new way to display my necklaces. I agree if you can't see your jewelry you tend to forget what you have. Perfect solution.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I loves the ideas!
If you don't want to do it yourself, you can check out green shops in the Green Times Directory:
www.greentimes.com.au/directory/fashion-clothing.html
:)

Laia said...

Lovely!! here you have my favorite blog from Spain! http://fashion.tendencias.tv/es-nostre-080
I hope you like it! Kisses from Barcelona:)