Tuesday, June 16, 2009

the uniform project

It's rare that I find something online that makes me inwardly squee. But this has done it because it's fashionable, it's ethical, and it's just a really cool idea. From 'About the Uniform Project':
Starting May 2009, I have pledged to wear one dress for one year as an exercise in sustainable fashion. Here’s how it works: There are 7 identical dresses, one for each day of the week. Every day I will reinvent the dress with layers, accessories and all kinds of accouterments, the majority of which will be vintage, hand-made, or hand-me-down goodies. Think of it as wearing a daily uniform with enough creative license to make it look like I just crawled out of the Marquis de Sade's boudoir.




I'm jealous of her superb style and admiring of her ethos all at once. At least it's motivating me to get my style together, because lately I've just been wandering around in as many layers are clean. It is freezing here in Melbourne and I am not a cold weather girl. I suddenly want some cool sock/tight combinations...

You can add the Uniform Project via RSS to your blog reader for daily doses of sustainable style inspiration. Or just visit the site at The Uniform Project.

3 comments:

Bec said...

Very stylish and ethical too which is great to see. If you're interested there's also the little brown dress project which is worth checking out - www.littlebrowndress.com

Hayley Bash said...

that's really cool. love seeing the creativity and how she can look SO different, it's very inspiring!

Hayley Sarah said...

Bec - I checked it out, really interesting! Though a little hard to read because of the HTML instead of blog format.

Hayley - I know, right! I'm looking for ways to be more creative in my own outfits.