Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the age of stupid

Australia & New Zealand Trailer HD from Age of Stupid on Vimeo.

Just found out about this movie, The Age of Stupid. It's about a man living alone in 2055, after the world has been ravaged by climate change. He looks at footage from 2008 and wonders why the hell we didn't stop it from happening.

The movie is screening all over the place except Australia, it seems. But it's launching online on 21/22 September, so I've happily signed up to the newsletter to be reminded. There's a 50 minute documentary here for the meantime though. I'm excited about it for two reasons. The first is because I'm really interested to see what it's like, and the second is that I'm hoping it will be a big step to people understanding just what is happening to our planet (and working to change it).

I was watching Grey's Anatomy the other day and there was a woman on it with four broken limbs because she'd been bulldozed down from a old growth tree she'd been living in to save it. I was a bit offended by how ridiculous they made the character sound - she'd given the tree a name and talked about it like it was a person, she ranted about greedy corporations, and she'd changed her own name to 'Willow'. I get that it might have made the situation more believable, but couldn't they have represented the level-headed side of environmental activism, rather than implying it's for crazies?

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I caught that episode not long ago. Yeah it was a shame they went the stereotypical way.

Thanks for the heads up on this film. Looks very interesting. Will watch when i have time.

Megan Evans said...

Yes, you can usually rely on Grey's for realistic, hard-hitting original drama ;)

Unknown said...

Hi:

I´ve visited your website http://heidiandseek.blogspot.com/ and I was wondering if it would be possible to get a link to my partner's website on it?

I'll place a link back to you in this other website, your link will be placed exactly here:

http://www.ancientprints.com/ with page rank 1 (it´s a Clothing Guide website)

If you agree, then please link to me using these details:


Title: Adidas
URL: http://www.yukka.co.uk/
Description: The latest range of Adidas Originals available online from Yukka.

Please don't forget to send me the title of your website after you place my link so I can do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site.

I´ll be waiitng for your kind reply

Regards

Amelia Green
Online Marketing Consultant
amelia.green@ancientprints.com

Disclaimer:


This is just a link exchange request, but if you feel uncomfortable receiving these kind of requests, please let me know at stop@nomoremails.com, or just register at www.nomoremails.com so we avoid contacting you again. Thanks for your attention.