Friday, September 18, 2009

have you voted?



This week, the online voting lines are open for the national Australian climate change poll. I blogged about it here if you missed it. If you haven't voted yet, head over to YOUth Decide and do so! And tell your friends to vote as well. We've only got a few days left.

Aren't the flash mobs in the video cute? I'd never heard of flash mobs before this. If you haven't either, they're a form of art or activism (or both) where people in public, seemingly randomly, break into dance. This is the first one I saw and I was totally gobsmacked by it's awesomeness:



It was put on by the Australian Youth Climate Coalition a few months ago, with choreography by So You Think You Can Dance. I think it got some kind of global flash mob award? I'm really proud of Australia for getting together and putting on events like these.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That flash mob video had be in tears! Inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oops! I thought i had fixed my user name prob - obviously not. It's tricia from little eco footprints. Off to get rid of that nmber now :-(