Thursday, December 18, 2008

Treating myself

The title of this post sounds like it might be referring to something a bit less PC than shopping. Whoops.

I usually only buy something new for myself, like an item of clothing or a homewares item, about once a month. Since it's Christmas and I was feeling particularly in need of some retail therapy earlier this month, I splurged a little.

The Frankie 2009 calandar. I'd been checking out oodles of '09 calendars for the perfect one, uhmed and ahhed over them and put them in the 'maybe' pile. Then when I saw the Frankie one, I made a beeline for the online checkout. They're limited edition and only available from the website. Pretty!




I also treated myself to a Frankie magazine subscription. For those of you who might not know the mag, it's "a national bi-monthly based in Australia, aimed at women (and men) looking for a magazine that’s as smart, funny, sarcastic, friendly, cute, rude, arty, curious and caring as they are." Love.

I also got these two tees from Threadless.com, because I was already purchasing a Xmas gift from there and I fell in love a little.




This tee reminds me of my younger bookworm days, when I used to fall so completely and utterly into a story that the real world ceased to exist and the fiction became the reality instead. A book hasn't gripped me that much in a long time and I kind of miss it. I'm hoping that this tee will inspire me to read more (rather than make me nostalgic).

No comments: