Monday, December 15, 2008

World Vision Smiles and finally, bigger sizes








These are the new items up in my Etsy shop. You'll notice I listed a couple of bigger sizes for the meantime. I've designed my new made-to-order collection, mostly. There's dresses and tops and skirts and I'll be making samples very soon. I'm really glad that I'll be offering a decent range of pieces in sizes XS-XL, because every time someone says to me, "I wish there were more in my size," I feel terrible about excluding people. But I'm glad that they've said it because it made me get my butt into action. Watch this space.

Also, I came across this World Vision initiative called Smiles. Basically you can buy donations as gifts. You could buy a chicken for a rural community for $6 or immunisation for a child against deadly diseases for $23. Or a bicycle for $101.


Instead of (or as well as) giving a physical present that may or may not be appreciated, you could give the gift of giving. I think it's a great Christmas present idea for someone who's caring and already seems to have everything that they'd want. Have a look here.

No comments: