Monday, January 12, 2009

New press. And meet Tabitha!

I am sitting here, while my slow computer loads between pages, unpicking an entire dress that I sewed together wrong because I wasn't paying enough attention. The front is fine, but I sewed the back to it so that the wrong side of the fabric faces out. Poo. When I did it this morning I threw up my hands, cursed, ate almost an entire pizza and decided I didn't want to look at it again. I may have overreacted a little.

In the last couple of days Heidi & Seek was featured on two blogs. First is on Crafting a Green World, which you can check out here. Lucille, who wrote the piece, was such a darling. "Crafting a Green World features do-it-yourself projects that incorporate reused, recycled, and natural materials. Find knitting, sewing, crocheting, and other project ideas for eco-friendly and fashionable clothes, crafts, gifts and more." It's very cool, check it out.

I was also featured on Fashion Evolved, an awesome eco chic fashion blog, here. Her write up was so nice to read. Thank you Amanda!

I've added to my collection of items available made to order in your size. Meet Tabitha:


She enjoys frolicking, thrift shopping and jumping in puddles in her wellingtons. Available here from my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

Chrisy said...

Tres chic top....re the dress debarcle I empathise...it can take longer to unpick something than to make two of them!

Taylor said...

I know exactly what you mean...about messing up and having a hissy-fit, basically. I give up and walk away but once the upset-ness passes I go back to it! Great job.

Diana said...

I forced myself to unpick 3 purses today, or else I would have thrown them all away.. Anyway,

Your blog is really cool. Happy sewing!

Regards
Diana
http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com