Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tegan & Sara concert

I was just yesterday thinking "Wouldn't it be nice if Etsy RSS shop feeds included a picture of the new listings instead of just a bunch of text?" and today it is DONE. I'll be using this feature a hell-of-a-lot more now. Thank you wonderful Etsy. You're nice.

You know how you have those days where you're not sure about an outfit, but you wear it anyway, and then regret it later? Last night was one of those times. Hm.

Top: Valleygirl from forever ago
Skirt: Thrifted
Leggings: Bloch
Boots: Josef Siebel
Bag: Witchery
Long jacket: It's been so long since I got it I can't remember

A friend took me to the Tegan & Sara concert as a Christmas present. It was really, really good. Smashing, even. I went to a concert of theirs about 3 years ago and that paled in comparison. Last night they came on at 11:30pm, and after waking at 6:30 this morning, I thought I might be too sleepy to properly enjoy it. But I was pumped 'til the end of the encore. I did get my doze on a little during the support, though. That's no reflection on how good they were, I did think they were pretty cool. Anyway.

Highlights included:
Walking with a ghost
Call it off
So Jealous

Tegan and Sara were so damn cute, telling stories about threesomes, wife-bands and smelly potatoes. At the end, Sara gestured to Tegan and said, "And on the keyboard, give it up for Tegan! Who knows, maybe she'll even become a full time member one day." Sara replied, "But I don't really like your band.."

Good show, good show.

5 comments:

cheshirecat said...

That concert sounds amazing, I love it when bands are completely natural with the audience, I hope to see them one day. Thanks for your comment, hope you had a good christmas and new year!
cattxx

Kyriake said...

What you're wearing in that pic looks great! Why would you regret it? It's a fabulous outfit, I love the skirt :)

Hayley Sarah said...

cheshirecat - It was very cool. Hopefully you get to see them next time!

Kerry - Aw thank you. Maybe I'm not used to wearing bright colours, which is weird because a lot of my designs are bright..

Unknown said...

I know what you mean, I wore a dress and although I didn't regret it, I felt a bit strange with all the chics in jeans.

My highlights were Living room and Speak slow - Love!

I also saw them a couple of years ago and loved it, and then saw them NYE at falls in Tassie. Hmmm... Maybie I'm stalking them..

Hayley Sarah said...

Hollie - I don't usually mind looking different, as long as I'm happy with my outfit.

Their last concert I went to, I'd only heard their most recent album, so that might be why I didn't enjoy it as much. I've now heard and loved everything they've done.