I got some great advice from the folks in the Etsy forums the other day. Given their advice, I spent the entirety of today making the sizing in my Etsy shop clearer and more consistent. From now on, every listing size M and larger will now contain photos of the garment on my dressform set to the correct size. You can now correctly see how these sizes will fit.
I also have a new size chart. Now, in each listing, there's measurements of the person they are meant to fit as well as the measurements of the garment. Plus I've added US sizes and those pesky inches measurements into every listing. Phew.
In other news, I was tagged by carlseapatch! The point is to say 7 random facts about yourself, so here goes.
1. I started writing a novel this year. I admit it's going very very slowly, but I'm excited about it. It'll probably be young adult and it's about a girl like me (about five years younger) that meets a boy who's travelled back in time. It will be full of adventure.
2. I watched Enchanted last night. It's a cool idea for a movie where a soon-to-be princess gets transported from her cartoon fairtytale land to real-world New York. It was fun while the satire lasted but then it got corny and dumb. James Marsden was quite hilarious though.
3. I'm in the process of growing my hair long again because my dad said he liked it better that way. It doesn't really make sense because he's gone now.
4. I got a self-powered radio for Christmas. You wind it up manually and that powers the little thing.
5. At the moment I am LOVING Sigur Ros, The Do and Emiliana Torrini. Favourites are Jungle Drum by Emiliana (how adorable is she?!), The Bridge is Broken by The Do, and a song I can't hope to pronounce by Sigur Ros. It's awesome though, and I sing along like I know the "words" (they mostly sing in a made-up language).
6. My hands-down favourite music artist is Rachael Yamagata.
7. At uni this coming semester I'm studying Youth Media, Print Culture, Novel into Film, and Gender, Media and Consumption. I wish there was a humanities sustainability class I could take, but no such luck. I'd be all over that like white on rice.