Friday, January 30, 2009

Heat wave and vintage finds

Australia is going through a heat wave at the moment. In Melbourne it is the hottest week for 100 years. Yesterday it was about 43 degrees celsius, or 109 fahrenheit. Couple that with Ellie having chickenpox and you get me doing zero sewing. The virus don't seem to be bothering Ellie though, she's still cheery as ever. Or weirdly, even more so. We've been staying with Tim's parents because we don't have air conditioning.

Last week I had one of those moments where I realised I didn't like 90% of the things in my wardrobe. For once I made a list of the things that were missing so I can look out for them and not get carried away buying everything pretty because I need new (to me) clothes. One of them was a cardigan. I like thrifting out of season items because there's not as much 'competition' - lots of people buy clothing seasonally.

I thrifted this number on Monday. Love the colour and the details. I'm planning to resize it and possibly change the buttons.



I've been checking out lots of vintage on Etsy lately. Here's a few of my favourites:




Black and brown dress by vintagerevolver

And I just now realised how dull all these colours are! Must include more colour into my wardrobe.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

I am sure the heat will reach us eventually, but for now I am very happy I live in Queensland where it's barely been over 30 degrees.

glam.spoon said...

I find it hard to believe you wouldn't love EVERYTHING in your closet!

Chrisy said...

Love that riding jacket...