Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fashion show - La Dolce Vita and Handmade Help

I'm participating in a fashion show at the end of the month! ALL profits from the show are going to the Bushfire Appeal, so it's a very good cause. If you are in Melbourne and would like to attend, here are the details:
La Dolce Vita - young designers fashion show
'Enjoy the sweet life with the excitement of fashion. Featuring 8 young designers showing their unique collections.'

Saturday 28 February
2-5pm Eltham Community & Reception Centre

$25 inc. champagne and finger food
Contact Georgia to book and for ticket and event info: 0425 806 039
Style Melbourne are covering it and their post about the show here lists the other designers involved.

The Handmade Help blog lists items for sale (and sold) where all or a percentage of the sale price will be donated to the appeal as well. Also check out the Etsy shop OzBushfireAppeal.

My favourites:


Lambie by Lark


Courtyard garden by Gretchenmist

I heart teapots brooch by SophieIsobelDesigns

I bought this dress for my little one:


I know Ellie is a bit young for this (fits 3-4 and she is 1 and a half) but she will grow into it and it is gorgeous. All proceeds from the SparklyGreenKnickers shop goes to the Bushfire Appeal.

We donated as much money as we could last night - to the Red Cross, Wildlife Victoria and the RSPCA - and put together toys, clothes and children's and adult's books to donate for the drive they are doing at Tim's work. I put my copy of Twilight in - hope it finds someone who really wanted to read it.

2 comments:

Carley said...

Hats off to you for gathering things to donate to the victims. Being an avid reader myself, your comment about Twilight bought tears to my eyes. I hope it finds a deserving home too

Chrisy said...

Ur doing good things...and that fashion show sounds so lovely...champagne n nibbles...gorgeous fashion...wish i could go...