Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Loomstate Flux jeans and Estile,com

Must restrain myself from buying this dress..

Peace acid tee dress by The Cassette Society

It's seriously on sale at Estile.com. I'm not sure when or how I signed up there, because it's apparently invite only, but there it was - my email and password pre-entered in the browser waiting for me to click 'Enter'. Unfortunately I know nothing about the ethics of the company and so I'll resist the bargain temptation.

Speaking of resisting temptation, I simply couldn't when I came across these jeans on sale from EcoGirl.com.au.


They're made from 99% organic cotton and 1% spandex. I know you can't really see much from the picture, but I did some research into the brand. This review pretty much sold me, because I've been looking for comfortable, flattering jeans that don't flash people when you bend over. Try as I might, the second-hand jeans I've found were never what I want, and for some reason I feel a little weird about buying preloved jeans. I'm not sure why exactly, because I'm fine with other second-hand clothing.

I actually wanted them in this colour, because black skinnies are so cliche.

But they didn't have my size. I later discovered that they're not actually skinnies, but not quite bootlegs. There's just some comfortable space in it below the knee. I'm not sure I can quite convey my excitement when they arrived. They fit perfectly. And I have NEVER had comfortable jeans before. I used to scoff when people talked about jeans being their comfort clothes. My jeans experiences always had me wearing long tops with them, so that I could safely bend over, and when I got home I'd take them off and breathe a sigh of relief. But now I get it! I'll be wearing these until they die, and then probably some more because I'll find it hard to let go.

2 comments:

blue moss said...

comfortable jeans that fit perfect right out of the box and they look great....what a find!

Chrisy said...

yes...i love op shopping too but have also never had luck with jeans..these are a great find...