Monday, February 23, 2009

The Made It relaunch is here!

Made It is an Australian website for buying and selling handmade, and they've just had a complete overhaul. There's now favourites, a new look, and other nifty new things. I think they're still working out some of the kinks so it won't be perfect just yet. I've uploaded a slew of new things to my Made It shop. My favourites:




rally singlet top

Check out the rest at madeit.com.au/heidiandseek.

And! Here's a sneak peek at what else I've been working on recently.


To be made into various accessories. Still working everything out. Who would have thought there'd be so much work involved in making and selling these little things?! Just thinking about planning packaging for them gives me a bit of a headache because I already have lots on my plate with the fashion show coming up this weekend. If you have any ideas for phrases to put on them I'd love to hear them. I've had a few more ideas since I made these, but haven't had time to create them.

I'm starting back at uni next week. I want to be there and I'm excited to be back, but I have no idea how I'm going to juggle everything. I need to be way more organised. I seem to have misplaced one of my three diaries, which isn't helping. I have a huge one for recording Heidi & Seek work, a weekly planner for personal, business and study events, to-dos and notes, and a mini one (which I lost) that I carry around everywhere to write things down in when I'm out. I want to start jotting down every purchase I make so I can cut down on the unnecessaries. Tim pokes fun at my having three, but they make sense, right?

For some reason, diaries make me happy. The kind of happy I get when I'm browsing in a Kikki K store. Just think about the pretty organisation prospects, oh my! I would love to have enough time to organise the entire house, crafting and thrifting along the way, and having a rightful place for everything. I think that's just a pipe dream at the moment though, unless we win the lottery or a house. Ah, what-ifs.

8 comments:

littlepinkpebble said...

wow~!! great stuff~!!

Chrisy said...

thanks for sharing the made it update...will go over there for a browse now...hope that diary turns up...

Chloe said...

Those badges/buttons are gorgeous! I think you should sell some to me. There's a good idea :-)

Rebecca D. Dillon said...

These are really cute! I love the tie accent! Please swing by http://byhand.me and it to our artisan directory free! We'd love to have you. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I am not the only one who has more than one diary! I have one for my 'real' job, another for my buisness/home stuff. I also have a notebook for writig down things to do lists. I can honestly say I think I spend as much time organising as I do organisng!..Tricia

littlepinkpebble said...

your stuff is very inspiring~!!
feel free to print it out : )

glam.spoon said...

I love the buttons... or pins or whatever they become... did you print the words onto fabric?

Hayley Sarah said...

pebble - Thanks!

Chrisy - So many cool things at Made It, don't you think?

Steps - Haha, such an insightful suggestion :P

soapdeli - You know, I just signed up to byhand the earlier this week. Thanks for the suggestion!

Tricia - I can definitely relate to that. I often use organising as a means of procrastinating whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing, as well. Probably if I just got started I wouldn't need to organise!

glam.spoon - Thank you, yes I did.